MSA App users receive field status notifications!
Registration is open.
Please register using the TOPSoccer button on the Registration Page.
TOPSoccer sessions are held every Saturday from 5:00pm – 6:30 pm Starting September 12 thru November 7th on Field #7 at the Craig Ranch Soccer Complex in McKinney.
What is TOPSoccer …
TOPSoccer is a US Youth Soccer program designed to provide soccer leagues for young athletes with disabilities. Your athlete will participate on a team that will play a regular season with and against athletes of similar capabilities. TOPSoccer’s emphasis is on development, training and meaningful participation. The program is designed to provide the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any individual who has a physical or intellectual impairment.
TOPSoccer athletes will enjoy the full youth soccer experience of practice, uniforms and games in a league adapted to accommodate their needs.
Athletes will be assisted, as needed, by buddies, that will enhance their overall experience and safety while participating in the league.
MSA is looking for participants of all ages.
Games and practices will be in McKinney.
If you have any further questions about this program, please contact Kimberly at TOPSoccer@mckinneysoccer.org or 972-904-7053.
- TOPSoccer - Registration
- TOPSoccer - Sharing the Beautiful Game
- Coaches and Buddies
- Who can participate in TOPSoccer?
- What can the participant expect?
- Who will be coaching the teams?
- Do you run background checks on coaches and volunteers?
- Will my child receive a uniform?
- How long are the practices/scrimmages?
- How much does it cost to participate in TOPSoccer?
FALL TOPSoccer REGISTRATION OPENS 06/15/2020!
FALL REGISTRATION: Registration for TOPSoccer does not close at this time. Fall registration will cover both fall and Spring Seasons. (ONLINE or In Person)
New & Returning Players
Please click on the link below. Then select TOPSoccer registration.
MSA Registration Page.
TOPSoccer – Sharing the Beautiful Game
TOPSoccer – Coaches and Buddies
- Need to be 19 years old or older
- Register Online to be a coach and have background check run at this link: TOPSoccer Coach Registration
- Attend mandatory Coaches meeting on August 18th at 9 AM at the McKinney Soccer Association office.
- Coaches will need to be at the pavilion next to the concession stands at 4:30 each Saturday.
- If under 18 Must have 2 community references can not be a family member
- Need to send an email to TOPSoccer@McKinneysoccer.org explaining why you want to be a buddy.
- If you are part of the PALS program with the school district I will need a copy of your schedule or a note from the PALS instructor. You do not need the above references.
- If over 18 must register as a volunteer at McKinneySoccer.org and have a background check run.
- Buddies need to be at the pavilion next to the concession stands at 4:30 each Saturday.
- We need the buddies to try to make all games to keep consistency for the players.
Contact Kimberly Waggoner at TOPSoccer@mckinneysoccer.org or 972.904.7053 if you have any questions.
Who can participate in TOPSoccer?
- Any child with a disability
- Disability may include but are not limited to the following
- Down Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sight or Hearing Impaired
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
What can the participant expect?
Games and activities that adapted in ways to ensure the players will learn at his/her own pace
- A fun and inviting environment that will be tailored to meet their specific needs.
- Weekly activities geared to develop knowledge and skills for the game.
Who will be coaching the teams?
- Players will be led by volunteer coaches.
Do you run background checks on coaches and volunteers?
- Yes, McKinney runs background checks on any volunteer or coach that is over the age of 18.
Will my child receive a uniform?
- All participant will receive jerseys.
How long are the games?
- Practices/scrimmages will run about an hour to hour and half.
How much does it cost to participate in TOPSoccer?
- Our intent is to have all fees paid through donations from local businesses and individuals and we are well on our way to making that goal.
- This is made possible thanks to the McKinney Soccer Association, the City of McKinney, and Stacks waving their fees, NTSSA waiving part of the hard costs, and Xara providing jerseys.
- Additional companies listed on our scrolling banner at the top of the TOPSoccer page have donated funds to the TOPSoccer program. 100% of all TOPSoccer designated donations remain in the program and go directly to supplies for the players.
- If you or anyone you know would like to donate to the TOPSoccer program please send an inquiry email to TOPSoccer@McKinneySoccer.org.
- Depending on the player’s activity level, shin guards and soccer cleats would be the only things that would need to be purchased for your child. Dick’s sporting goods gives a 20% off coupon for these items to our members prior to season start.
McKinney Soccer Association
1650 W Virginia St, Suite 110
McKinney, Texas 75069
Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed for Lunch 12:00pm -1:00pm