McKinney Soccer Association Mission
Our Mission, as stated in our By-Laws is:
- To advance and promote the game of soccer
- To provide the opportunity of fun and recreation through the development of leadership, courage, and fair play through team competition
- To develop the highest levels of ideals, sportsmanship, and fellowship
- To provide competent leadership for the attainment of a successful soccer program
- To ensure that all children who wish to participate may do so without regard to sex, race, religion, or any other social label and in recreational leagues, without regard to playing ability.
The McKinney Soccer Association offers a positive, safe, and fun family oriented environment with the opportunity for players to develop values that will help them throughout their life. These values include but are not limited to:
- Good Sportsmanship,
Studies show children involved in soccer experience:
- Higher Graduation Rates
- Risk Aversion – less incidences with alcohol, drugs, and gangs.
- Less Teen Pregnancies
- Better Character Development
- Higher Development of Social and Communication Skills, Leadership, & Team Building
The City of McKinney has recently been voted #1 Best Place to Live in America (Money Magazine 2014) and has been one of the fastest growing cities several times in the last decade. The McKinney Soccer Association has kept up with this pace of growth and continues to meet the high standard of commitment expected from our residents.
Please review our No Victory Without Honor program to pledge your commitment to these same values and help us continue to support our children and community.
The McKinney Soccer Association has been promoting and growing the game of soccer in McKinney since its formation over 30 years ago. The association is controlled by a board of directors which meets once a month to ensure that both, the Spring and Fall soccer seasons run smoothly. We also have a small office staff to manage daily operations and help to coordinate between players, parents, and board members in solving issues.